The Membership Map below (updated 9/22/2020)makes it easy to find contact and other information for every Kentucky school district:
- First, it offers a statewide overview of our membership. On the initial page load, the map shows the entire state, but just as with other Google maps, visitors can zoom in or out to see more or less detail.
- Second, the search field directly beneath the map allows visitors to search for KASS members by district name, superintendent name, city, county, street, zip code, and other attributes. For example, a search for “frankfort” will result in a list of three districts: Frankfort Independent, Franklin County (because it is located in Frankfort), and Scott County (whose central office is on Frankfort Pike). This feature therefore allows a visitor who may know a superintendent’s name but who also is uncertain about his or her school district to narrow their search.
- Third, clicking on any pinpoint on the map or on any search result will open a small pop-up window providing the contact details for that particular school district, including name, superintendent, address, phone, directions and a link to the district website;
- Fourth, directly below the map is an alphabetical list of all KASS member districts. Clicking on any of these will open the pop-up window described above;
- Finally, the map shows the geographic boundaries for each county. We trust this will make it even easier for our visitors to get the most out of this new tool.
Comments, corrections or suggestions? Please contact us!